Meet White Lady Funerals in Kew East
White Lady Funerals is a compassionate and trusted provider of funeral services to City of Boroondara.
Located 8kms east of Melbourne’s CBD, we are the closest funeral home including a chapel to Melbourne CBD.
We proudly serve the residents of Kew, Camberwell, Ivanhoe, Doncaster, Balwyn, Balwyn North, Surrey Hills, Hawthorn, Alphington, Richmond and other surrounding suburbs.
Our compassionate funeral directors can help you arrange a funeral to celebrate and honour your loved one’s life. We will work closely with you during the days following their passing, providing gentle guidance when you need it most.
We have extensive experience in helping families from all cultural and religious backgrounds.
Facilities in our Kew East funeral home
State of the art modern facilities at our funeral home in Kew East include:
- A welcoming reception and foyer area which includes a multi-purpose water feature. This can be used as a base for a sculpture, coffin or as a standalone feature.
- Bespoke modern artwork. The sculpture which is currently placed on top of the water feature was designed specifically for our funeral home by multi-award winning Shoso. The form is inspired by the magnolia flower which in some cultures signifies an enduring true love that lasts throughout time and space. Based on the Ikebana aesthetics, this sculpture shows the different stages of an opening flower. As the viewer walks around, the flower may slowly open before their eyes.
Shoso also created an artwork of floating petals which is displayed in our foyer area. The work represents flower petals floating on running water and is one of the most highly admired poetic images in Japanese culture. It signifies both the transience of our existence and the eternal cycle of nature, our spirituality.
- A beautifully renovated on-site chapel which is drenched in natural sunlight that streams through the floor to ceiling windows. It comfortably seats 114 guests, with additional standing room available. Guests can also join from the reflection lounge which has a TV screen for the service to be projected onto in real time.
- A light-filled reflection lounge with catering available. Dining tables, cocktail tables, lounge seating and a bar area are available to provide a comfortable atmosphere, not only for after funeral gatherings but any kind of celebration such as birthdays and anniversaries.
- 3 arrangement rooms and 1 viewing room providing privacy for meetings and viewings. Comfortable seating and refreshments are available.
- Complimentary on-site parking is available for 44 cars, including 2 disability access bays. Additional street parking is available on Oswin Street and Clyde Street. We are conveniently located close to public transport.
Your options for funeral services in Kew East
Where you choose to have your loved one’s funeral and how you choose to shape the ceremony is up to you. We offer caring guidance to help create a personal experience.
Options for the funeral ceremony include:
- Our beautifully renovated on-site chapel at Kew East
- A local church such as:
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Good Counsel
- East Kew Uniting Church
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church
- St Anne's & St Bede's Catholic Church
- Habitat Uniting Church
- Melbourne Chinese Baptist Church
- Any other destination that reflects your loved one’s life and wishes, such as a local sports club, open parkland or private residence.
Following the ceremony, your loved one can be memorialised at Boroondara General Cemetery, conveniently located five minutes away from our funeral home. Other options include Melbourne General Cemetery, Springvale Cemetery, Box Hill Cemetery, Fawkner Cemetery and Northern Memorial Park.
The team at White Lady Funerals Kew East are with you every step of the way, keeping you informed and guiding you through the arrangements as much or as little as you need.